This is the process I went through to write my chapter for the new Affiliate BootCamp book…
I actually didn’t know that writing books would be part of the journey, but I’m here to document my journey, so I have to tell you that…
When you start publishing a lot, people start to ask you to publish in other fashions as well
… so, quite unexpectedly, I’ve found myself writing A LOT of guest chapters in some REALLY cool books.
So today, I want to show the process of how I write chapters for books.
..honestly, I NEVER thought I’d be giving book writing advice 😉
BOOK WRITING ADVICE, LARSEN STYLEE
Now, some of you guys may have seen this in the past, but you might get new insights on:
- How I write chapters
- Why I write chapters the way I do.
The chapter I’m gonna show you is for a book that comes with Russell Brunson’s New Affiliate Bootcamp Program.
Russell had a ton of us answer the question:
How do you become a ClickFunnels Super Affiliate and make enough money that you can do kinda what you want in 100 days?
I was like, “Oh, that’s a sweet prompt.”
I spent most of Christmas writing…
I think you’ll enjoy seeing the process I used… ‘cos I don’t write crap, and it takes A LOT for me to write the way I do.
In fact, some people have reached out saying things like, “Stephen, you could do it faster than that!”
I’m like, “Yeah maybe, but it might be way less cool!”
WHY I LOVE AFFILIATE
My first big money came from affiliate marketing
I wanted to build a team and products when I was working at ClickFunnels, but I didn’t have discretionary income or time…
Working at ClickFunnels is not a 9-to-5 job – it’s way more than that.
I was like, “How can I crap done when I still have an actual job?”
So I started droppin’ out these cool little affiliate promos; I’d make money, but I wouldn’t take the money as profit…
I never take money from affiliate marketing as profit.
Instead, I dump it back into hiring a team or getting a piece of a product done…
I remember the first time I hired a coder to go in and code the first version of the blog for Sales Funnel Radio…
I ALWAYS used affiliate cash to build my business it was NEVER my own money.
I don’t ever use affiliate cash for profit, it’s ALWAYS an accelerant to do expensive projects I’ve been waiting to do.
So I want to share with you what I’ve been doing.
So check this out…
I relaxed the first few days for Christmas, and then after that, I was like, “I have got to work,” like, I can’t NOT work.
It’s the same method and pattern that I use to write my own book, to come up with stuff for the 30-Days chapter that I wrote.
METHOD IN MY MADNESS?
First of all…
- I start with the main image that kinda represents EVERYTHING, and I set that at the top.
(For 30-Days, I didn’t draw a picture, it actually would have been easier to write.)
- Down the left side, I write all the major topics of what should actually be in the book.
- Shooting off to the right is every one of the deep-dive strategies.
- Next, I think through those four major topics down the side, and just start dumping in topics with legal pieces of paper:
“Oh yeah, let’s talk about that. Hmmm, that’s about that. So is this, so is this, so is this….”
- I make a big stack of yellow pad papers, organize them, and take out any of them that don’t make sense.
… so it’s a BIG process.
I don’t write crap.
- Next, I break it down week by week on my whiteboard.
I wrote out it wants you to do it in 100 days, well 100 days is 14 weeks, so I said, “Well, this is what I’d do week by week.”
It’s an aggressive plan, but it’s very similar to what I’ve actually pulled off.
I almost felt like I was documenting – it’s not so much theory because it’s what I actually did…
And I did most of it while working aggressively for somebody else – so you can totally do this as well – it’s the reason I wrote it that way…
So I went through week by week…
- The ‘Who’ in ‘Wealth’ – I’m gonna help you guys figure out where the ‘who’ is.
- Then I help you choose what kind of ClickFunnels product to promote, ‘cos NOT all of them are created equal – NOT all of them create the best ClickFunnels user either.
I literally went through week by week saying, “This is what I’d do.”
What’s fascinating to me, is that nowadays I feel like people forget… like, they build the funnel, they get the traffic, but then after that…
It’s almost like we’ve forgotten or neglected what campaigns are.
It’s interesting that guys like Bill Glazer and Frank Kern talk about campaigns.
Frank Kern just came out with a campaign-based book to teach this stuff – I wonder if they’ve noticed the same things that I have?.
I was careful NOT just teach:
- Here’s the product
- Here’s where you get traffic
- Here’s where I turn ads on
… it’s NOT that kinda stuff at all.
- I assume you have NO following
- I assume you have NO money for ads
… it’s basically a launch campaign and an evergreen campaign that will keep this going – and that’s what’s so cool and super unique about this.
It leverages the actual content that ClickFunnels has already created and proved works exceptionally well.
I created a blend between what you see Russell and ClickFunnels doing and mixed it with my process.
So it’s a HUGE shortcut to the whole game – I’m really pumped about it.
FINDING YOUR ‘WHO’?
The whole thing’s start out by finding a money-prone ‘who’.
Think about this for a second…
If you go to the actual homepage of clickfunnels.com – on the right side, they’ve got this cool new onboarding sequence for different industries, which asks if you’re:
- Agency / Freelancer
- Information Products
- Coaching / Consulting
- Network Marketing
- Local Small Business
- B2B Lead Generation
- Blogging / Affiliate
- Just Getting Started
So you can choose, “Hey, I’m an agency/ freelancer/ e-com/ B2B,” or whatever…
What I did, (and this might make some people feel a little uncomfortable or a little bit weird), but…
I went through each of the 10 categories and crossed off the ones that I would NOT try to sell ClickFunnels to.
Yeah, I know, and it’s not to make anyone mad, and I’m not saying you can’t do it that way, but remember the prompt is, “How would I retire in 100 days – just selling ClickFunnels accounts.”
This is an intense prompt because obviously…
- Not all industries are created equal
- Not all industries are ready to buy
- Not all industries are the easiest shortest distance of sale to actually get someone to buy ClickFunnels.
# B2B – I love selling people the B2B space, but sometimes there’s a longer length of the sales – just ‘cos the deal and who you’re dealing with – it can take a little bit longer to negotiate higher-ticket things.
But I need 100 people, so I don’t know if I’d go for the B2B space if I was going to do it in just 100 days. I’m NOT saying you can’t do it – I do sell to that space, and I do sell ClickFunnels to those spaces as well, but not in that time frame.
# Network marketing – sorry but that’s NOT an area that I would go to because the cash flow for so long is not big enough to justify a $97-a-month thing, (even though 97 bucks a month is nothing compared to what ClickFunnels actually does).
There are several categories that would be, “WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!” to that price point…
I don’t want that kinda person.
So at the beginning of the first week or two, I’m helping you figure out the ‘who’ that is money-prone enough…
(… their numbers that they deal with are big enough in their industry, and the sales come frequently enough)
… so that it’s easy to justify a $97/ 297-a-month subscription to ClickFunnels.
After that, I help you come up with a unique offer.
So think about this scenario…
YOUR UNIQUE OFFER
If somebody’s gonna buy something like Funnel Hacks, or Funnel Builder Secrets, or if I’m a ClickFunnels affiliate selling ClickFunnels to a specific ‘who’ they need to be:
- Have cash frequency
- Enough cash coming in to justify their purchase of ClickFunnels from me easily
Hit all those buttons and… it’s a short distance to the sale.
Russell writes scripts to break and rebuild beliefs, but he can’t break and rebuild all their false beliefs.
So what if I was just to pull out the false beliefs he didn’t solve; solve them with my own products… and then give that away as a bonus when they buy through my link
So that’s part of what weeks two/ three/ four talk about, and I tell you how to do that as well.
Weeks five/ six/ seven/ eight, we start getting into more campaigns, and of course, I’m gonna talk about publishing a little bit…
Publishing is a way of leveraging to get a list fast – so that you go and actually sell your dream customers ClickFunnels/ Funnel Hacks (or whatever)… and then give away your bonus when people buy through you.
I would not ever sell ClickFunnels straight out – ClickFunnels doesn’t even do that.
I’m sure some other affiliates would disagree with me on that, and that’s totally fine. It’s just, for my personal strategy, I just wouldn’t do it that way.
I never want to spend money without the immediate chance to reclaim the cash.
…so because of that, I wanna promote a ClickFunnels product that cookies them – so they can get ClickFunnels from my affiliate link afterward.
Does that make sense?
…if this sounds Greek or whatever, you guys are gonna learn more about this in the actual chapter itself.
SELF PUBLISHING YOUR WAY TO CASH
I never put a dollar of my own in my businesses ever.
Well, that’s what you learn in my chapter too 😉
- I’m gonna suggest that you build a summit.
- I’m gonna suggest that you build your own challenge
… but it’s NOT challenging.
The way I do it is to leverage what already exists inside ClickFunnels.
I’ve NEVER written anything like this plan before… and I haven’t seen anyone else do that either.
MY SHAMELESS PITCH
What I have for you now, is a *special offer* – check this out…
It’s a very light pitch, -this is super easy to get, it’s not an expensive thing at all…
But I do want to bribe you to go get the New Affiliate Bootcamp through my link 😉
I’ll share with what you’re gonna get – ‘cos it’s really powerful stuff…
The first thing you’re gonna get when you buy the New Affiliate Bootcamp through my link…
Go to makeaffiliatesgreatagain.com – Thank you, Trump!)
… the first thing you’re gonna see is a page that says, “Here’s what you’re gonna get from Russell…
*A TON OF VALUE*
But then as you scroll down the page you’ll see…
“Here’s what Stephen gonna give you,” and this is the offer that’s on the page…
So the first thing you’re gonna get is:
- I’m actually gonna give you guys the Make Affiliates Great Again Share Funnel.
I pay A LOT of money for my team to build my funnels, and you’re gonna get that share funnel for FREE.
All you have to do is sign up and Russell will say, “Hey, thanks for signing up for the free summit – you should join The One Funnel Away Challenge, so you can learn to set up all your affiliate stuff.”
(You don’t just sign up for the Affiliate Bootcamp – you have to *actually purchase* The One Funnel Away Challenge through my affiliate link…
…then you get ALL these bonuses – which are super powerful.
The next thing I’m gonna give you is…
- My Affiliate Bootcamp audio chapter.
It’s a BIG chapter
I spent most of Christmas writing that thing and it’s HUGE.
It took a long time to write that chapter…
Read out loud, it’s about an hour and 10 minutes!
I loved writing the 30-Days chapter, but this one was even more near and dear to my heart because affiliate is where my first dollar came from.
In that chapter, are true-and-tried principles.
Thee audio chapter’s cool is because I add a lot of extras that I couldn’t fit in the written content.
There’s a lotta extra side commentary in there – it goes a little bit deeper and explains a few things more.
I did get a few people reach out and say, “Stephen, that was an intense chapter…”
So, I was like, “I know, let me explain some more in the audiobook…” So that’s why I did that, and it’s already ready for you – it’s awesome.
All these things are ready for you immediately.
The next thing I wanted to give you is…
- The internal strategy video that I sent to my team – it wasn’t meant for anyone else.
I sent it to my funnel builder team to teach them what we’re about to build…
On my whiteboard, I draw out the funnel to teach my team what we’re gonna do…
- Here’s the follow-up
- Here’s the messaging
- Take these elements from these pages and go put ’em over here, and take ’em from that spot and put them over there.
I wasn’t planning on this being part of the bonus, but I thought, “How cool would that be if you could actually see a little bit behind-the-scenes !”
… so, you’re gonna get that as well.
It’s a strategy video for my funnel team, but I’m actually just gonna go toss it out for you, so you can have it as well.
I think it’ll be really powerful for you to see how I actually handle all the funnel builds, and I’m gonna give you the chance to do that, a-right now – just go to makeaffiliatesgreatagain.com, and sign up there.
The next thing I want to give you is…
I get asked to speak A LOT – at the time of writing this, it’s June, and I spoke every single week the whole month of May.
- So I thought it’d be cool to give you some of my favorite speeches.
It depends on the scenario, but most of the time I don’t charge to speak – I’d rather sell while I’m there.
So sometimes what I’ll do is I’ll say, “Hey, I’ll come speak if you give me the video of my speech afterward.”
It’s not all the speeches I’ve ever given, but some choice ones that I’ve really loved doing, (especially of late), that we’re just really on point…
Some of the most famous little quips are in those speeches – and that’s where I actually discovered a lot of them.
So there’s some major behind-the-scenes funnel-ology in these speeches.
- I’m gonna give you the Funnel Hacking Live speech – which is really cool.
- A little mini-speech I gave in 2018, it’s a small little cut, it’s pretty powerful stuff.
- Dream100 Con – I love Dana Derricks, he’s a beast, he’s the man – anyway I spoke at his Dream100 Con and teaching my Dream100 strategy.
… see all those boxes at the back of my office?
I’m NOT a slob… we walk our talk and do what I tell you to do…
That’s what this stuff’s for –Coulton has been Dream 100-ing as I speak…
Literally, right before I turned this video on, that’s what Coulton was doing with all these boxes over here.
- What is my Dream 100 Strategy?
- How do we actually implement it?
Well, I gave that whole speech and full strategy at Dream100 Con… and you guys get access to that speech.
Dana is also comin’ to speak at OfferMind, and I’d love to have you to join us.
VIPs almost sold out, by the way, so go getcha ticket – we are super excited about the whole thing.
I’m NOT allowed to tell you EVERYONE who’s gonna be there yet. Hold it, please!
(Anyway, back to speeches ;-))
Billion Dollar Body – I absolutely love Amanda and Nicholas Bayerle – such an awesome couple, a model couple in my opinion. Super, super cool, down to earth.
They have a very high-ticket group, and they asked to come in and speak in a high-mountain cabin, and you get that speech as well.
- It’s a two-hour deep-dive on market selection – pretty awesome stuff.
And then, the last one that you get, as of right now, (I’m gonna keep adding as I go, ‘cos I wanna collection of all the cool stage speeches I’ve done)…
Some of you guys might know Alison Prince. She is so cool – one of my favorites.
She was at one of the original FHAT events that I was teaching and her business exploded after that – so fun, so fun.
I’ve had a chance to work with her quite a bit, and anyways I have mad respect for her. She’s helped me personally a lot.
Anyways, I got a chance to speak at her Clan Con event, and I love the speech that I gave there, “Holy crap.”
(That was the one where I had food poisoning in the hotel the night before)
All the speeches are available for you immediately.
Now, once I teach you guys how to actually do this affiliate game and my strategy behind it, (which is the point of the chapter)…
How do you actually launch your offer?
- I’ve included a handful of the videos I’ve used to launch the affiliate offers in the past.
I don’t consider myself a professional affiliate at all.
- I’ve been number one several times
- I’ve placed amongst the top affiliates in others
- I’ve swooped in at the last second, (with hardly any list), and placed in the top 10.
I definitely have a repertoire for the affiliate game, which is hilarious, ‘cos I don’t consider myself a professional affiliate at all.
So you’re gonna find out…
- How I launch my affiliate offers
You are gonna see me doing MORE what my chapters’ teaching – cos like it’s a freakin’ sexy offer, right?
You get ALL this for FREE if you just sign up…
HERE’S HOW TO GET THIS OFFER!
- Go to Make Affiliates Great Again, and click ‘sign up.’
- It’ll take you over to Affiliate Bootcamp to sign up for the summit.
- Next Russell’s gonna say, “Cool, now that you’re in the summit, the next thing you should do is join The One Funnel Away challenge.”
- If you sign up for that challenge, you will get ALL these things that I’m talking about, for FREE.
- I’m gonna give you guys a discount on your ticket for OfferMind.
OfferMind was free last year, it’s NOT free this year.
There’s a full blog post teaching why I used that strategy… and why OfferMind will NEVER be free again…
This year, there are ONLY a thousand seats, I’m super psyched about this…
I’m pumped about it.
So *YOU* get a discounted ticket to OfferMInd as well!
Can I overdeliver? Is there anything else I can give you that’s really freakin’ cool?
I want this to be talkable – I mean, this is a HUGE offer, it’s ridiculous!
- A Five-Day Mini-Course when you opt-in you’ll get a brief crash course on how I actually play this game, and why I believe I was asked to write the chapter…
… ‘cos again, I don’t consider myself to be a professional affiliate – so why are they asking me?
(it’s free – you don’t even have to buy anything at this point)
The Mini-Course teaches you, some of my top tips on affiliate marketing:
- How I’m doing it
- Why we’ve done it
- Why it’s worked so well
- Why everyone’s freaking out about it.
I’m really, really pumped for you to have it…
THE CLASSIC STACK MOMENT
Here we go… Ready! Oh, baby…
Here’s what you’re gonna get:
- First, you’re gonna get the Make Affiliates Great Again Share Funnel – just download it. I paid my team to build it so that you can have it for free… Value: a ton, (10,000 bucks).
- My Affiliate Bootcamp Audio Chapter – I spent 70 minutes going a little bit deeper on that chapter, so you can get more detail on pieces that were a little bit rough to understand.
- MyFunnel Team Strategy Video – this is the video that was just meant for them, so you can see the flow of how I build everything – super powerful!
- My Favorite Speeches – Funnel Hacking Live, Dream100, Billion Dollar Body, Clan Con.
- My Affiliate Offer Launch Videos – I’m gonna toss in a handful of the videos I’ve used to launch what I’m talking about in that chapter.
- A Discount OfferMind Ticket – Russell Brunson is keynoting! You‘ll need to redeem this quickly to make sure you go actually get a place because we’re running out of VIP spaces and it’s gonna get full.
- MY Make Affiliates Great Again 5 -Day Mini-course
All you gotta do is go to makeaffiliatesgreatagain.com, and sign up before the NEXT One Funnel Away Challenge….
- Go to makeaffiliatesgreatagain.com and it’ll forward you a page where you’ll see ALL the offers.
- Click ‘opt-in’ and put in your email address (so that this five-day series can go to you).
- Next, you’ll be forwarded to the Affiliate Bootcamp to sign up
- Once you sign up at Affiliate Bootcamp, on the Russell on the next page is gonna be like, “Hey, now that you’re in the summit, go sign up for The One Funnel Away Challenge.”
- If you do that, you get this CRAZY offer from me – you get all the things I’m talking about right now.
That’s a lot of stuff right there.
Just for people to be the room for the Billion Dollar Body Speech was 18 grand.
I don’t wanna misquote prices, but these were NOT cheap – just for the speeches.
So anyway, just go to makeaffiliatesgreatagain.com,
If you sign up for The One Funnel Away Challenge, you get all this…
To be super clear on this….
The One Funnel Away Challenge costs $100
- The Challenge
- Russell’s Offer
- + My bonus OFFER.
Is it OK if I overdeliver?
Haha – awesome episode, right!
Hey, bear with me for just a moment while I tell you about makeaffiliatesgreatagain.com.
Probably one of the most fragile phases of being an entrepreneur is that tender spot where you have just enough cash coming in to get excited, but expenses also increase a little while you take on new tools and new systems, new teams.
It can be heart-pounding, and frankly, nerve-wracking.
Well, one of the ways I’ve kept ownership of my companies and NEVER picked up any debt or used any of our family finances to grow the business, was through affiliate marketing.
My first dollar online actually came from affiliate marketing, ONLY a few years ago.
So I often get asked the question:
“Steve, how can you have been bootstrapping this and scraping by so hard just a few years ago, but now have a business that makes millions in revenue?”
… that’s a fair question.
So besides having kick butt products, when I’ve needed to get some extra cash for an expensive project, I have a very specific method of affiliate marketing that gets me paid to sell other people’s products.
You wanna see how I do it? Just go to makeaffiliatesgreatagain.com.
ClickFunnels actually wants to know how I’ve been doing this as well…
So I just wrote a chapter in ClickFunnels new book called Affiliate Bootcamp… and if you wanna see my chapter, and be shown how I treat affiliate cash in my business…
…. just go to makeaffiliatesgreatagain.com
You’ll get a bunch of other cool stuff from me – like, the actual Make Affiliates Great Again Funnel…
The one you’re gonna see there – it’s pre-built – it’s awesome – and you can download it.
You also get my audio chapter on how I create affiliate offers.
You get the actual video of me training my team on how to build Make Affiliates Great Again – it’s crazy valuable.
Plus you also get several my other stage speeches.
How I launched my affiliate offers…
And you’ll even get a discount ticket to OfferMind… + the Make Affiliates Great Again Mini-Course…
Is it okay if I over-deliver???
If you want ALL that for free… plus other things, literally just sign up at makeaffiliatesgreatagain.com… and then, sign up for the New Affiliate Bootcamp through my affiliate link. Go figure.
My friends, get rich, give back.